Health Rights Advocacy Forum (HERAF) is a non-governmental organization that works through strategic partners in the form of Health Professionals Bodies and Associations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Patients’ Organizations, Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), Research Institutions and Universities involved in health issues, HIV&AIDS and Human Rights Networks among others to advocate for health as a fundamental human right in Kenya. It was established in 2006 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya by the NGO coordination board in 2007.
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Create and Increase Awareness on the Right to Health in Kenya
- Evidence Based Advocacy for Health System Strengthening at National and County Levels
- Strengthen Community Participation in Health Sector Governance
- Promote Efficient and Sustainable Health Care Financing System
- Intitutional Development of HERAF Systems for Delivery of the Organisational Mandate