Health Rights Advocacy Forum (HERAF) is a non-governmental organization that works through strategic partners in the form of Health Professionals Bodies and Associations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Patients’ Organizations, Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), Research Institutions and Universities involved in health issues, HIV&AIDS and Human Rights Networks among others to advocate for health as a fundamental human right in Kenya. It was established in 2006 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya by the NGO coordination board in 2007.
- A Kenyan community where health is upheld and enjoyed as a human right
- To empower Kenyans to enjoy the right to health through increased human rights awareness, evidence based policy advocacy, strengthening citizens participation in health sector governance, and budgeting processes.
We strive to reflect these core values in all our work:
· Upholding human dignity.
· Equity, inclusivity, and accessibility.
· Accountability and transparency.
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Create and Increase Awareness on the Right to Health in Kenya
- Evidence Based Advocacy for Health System Strengthening at National and County Levels
- Strengthen Community Participation in Health Sector Governance
- Promote Efficient and Sustainable Health Care Financing System
- Intitutional Development of HERAF Systems for Delivery of the Organisational Mandate