stakeholders' meeting at Panesic Hotel - Embu County.
on the status of health care services at the facility during partner's meeting
Makima Dispensary in Embu County
the CEC Health and HERAF Executive Director at the
Panesic Hotel Embu County
Health Rights Advocacy Forum (HERAF) is a national non-governmental organization that promotes human rights-based approach in healthcare delivery.
It was established in 2006 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board in December 2007
Our Vision: A Kenyan community where health is enjoyed as a human right
Our Mission: To empower communities to enjoy quality health services by promoting informed participation in policy advocacy, planning and governance processes.
- Health Sector Governance and Performance Monitoring
- Access and utilization of Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) Services
- Breaking Barriers to Mental Health Services
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Health Care Facilities (HCF)
- Promote Health Rights
- Strengthen legislation and policies on health
- Advocate for increased investments and public spending on health
- Improve implementation of health programmes
- Promote meaningful participation of civil society organisations
The 2018 report by the World Health Organization echoed that one out of four persons suffers from a form of mental illness. Unlike physical illness, mental illness has a vivid characteristic; it is challenging to pinpoint because a lot of people put on a brave face making it hardly noticeable.