to issues of Gender, Mental Health and Children at Nairobi County.
stakeholders' meeting at Panesic Hotel - Embu County.
Health Rights Advocacy Forum (HERAF) is a national non-governmental organization that promotes human rights-based approach in healthcare delivery.
It was established in 2006 and registered as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board in December 2007
Our Vision: A Kenyan community where health is enjoyed as a human right
Our Mission: To empower communities to enjoy quality health services by promoting informed participation in policy advocacy, planning and governance processes.
- Health Sector Governance and Performance Monitoring
- Access and utilization of Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) Services
- Breaking Barriers to Mental Health Services
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Health Care Facilities (HCF)
- Promote Health Rights
- Strengthen legislation and policies on health
- Advocate for increased investments and public spending on health
- Improve implementation of health programmes
- Promote meaningful participation of civil society organisations
The 2018 report by the World Health Organization echoed that one out of four persons suffers from a form of mental illness. Unlike physical illness, mental illness has a vivid characteristic; it is challenging to pinpoint because a lot of people put on a brave face making it hardly noticeable.